Saturday, March 19, 2016

A Letter FROM The President!......

An unexpected surprise in the mail today. I did not vote for this President, nor do I consider myself to be a member of his political party. But I can tell you that President Barack Obama has my gratitude for not just letting me know that my voice was heard, but for the joy and pride in my grandchild knowing that she matters - not only to us here at home, but to the President of the United States!




Dear Michelle:

Thank you for the message you sent me this past fall. I was struck by your granddaughter's story, and I asked my healthcare team to look into your family's situation. I hope that the information they provided was helpful and, more than anything, I want you to know that I'm listening. 


For years, our mental health system has struggled to serve those who depend on it. And while my Administration is working hard to help increase mental health services and improve access to care through the Affordable Care Act, your daughter's experience shows we have more work to do. You're right that no mother should have to struggle to get the appropriate treatment her child needs and deserves, and I want you to know that as President--and as a father--I will keep fighting to ensure every family knows the peace of mind that comes with quality health care. 


Again, thank you for your message. Please let your granddaughter know that I am rooting for her and that I admire the strength she has shown in the face of great challenges. I will keep you story in my thoughts in the days ahead.


Sincerely,
Barack Obama (signature)

No comments:

Post a Comment